Monday, November 27, 2006

Brainbench Certification

Last week I had a chance to take a paid Brainbench certification for C++ and my result was a disappointing 3.42 out of 5.

The questions were mainly on language features and syntax. No question regarding design and/or applications. The results revealed that I was weak on C++ data types. I expected myself to rate higher than what I got. Time for me to hit the books, other C++ language reference materials and go back to the basics.

Reminder to myself, before taking tests:

  • Study, study, study!

  • Be prepared. Have (online) reference materials ready when you are taking the test and be very familiar with it - to easily search for answers for particular topic.

  • Better yet, have a instance of your *favorite* c++ compiler ready - to compile the some of the given code snippets.

  • Use the 3 minute alloted time per question wisely. Don't be quick to click the next question button.

  • Take a practice test form the BB site. Some of them are available for free. Practice makes perfect.

No comments: